USING INSTAGRAM EFFECTIVELY
Today we look at Instagram and how to use it effectively. There are places that you can buy Instagram followers and likes and some other companies will let you buy Instagram comments if you are looking for an intimidate boost. Below are tips and advice on how to use Instagram effectively.
• Highlight new product arrivals or specials with a photo. Offer a service instead? Show your place of business, photos of completed projects (a painted house or repaired car, for example) or supplies that help you get the job done. Consider using another app that combines multiple photos to show “before and after” and upload those to Instagram.
• Use the hashtags! Hashtags are words or phrases prefixed with the symbol # (e.g. #heroweb). Hashtag your business name, brand of product or related topic in your photo comments so you show up in more searches (particularly to users that are not following you… yet).
• Offer specials in the form of discount codes to customers who follow you. The hashtag #promocode is heavily searched.
PERSONALIZE YOUR PROFILE
• Personalize your Instagram profile by posting links to your website and other social media pages. Also use the photo map option when taking photos at your business. This way it gives an actual map of where you are located. This is particularly a plus for businesses with a local target market.
• Hold contests to connect with fans. Have followers make up captions for photos you share or judge photos that they post incorporating your product (including a hashtag specific to your business or product).
• Go beyond posting just photos of products. Candid employee photos, pictures from events or trade shows, or even snapshots from around the office allow followers to see a more personal side to your business.
LINK TO FACEBOOK
• Link your Instagram to your Facebook, Twitter and Tumblr pages. Utilize the integration of all your social media outlets to share images with all followers in seconds.
• Comment back to specific users (by responding with @username) to engage them in conversations. One of our customers does a GREAT job with this – see for yourself at Best Bully Sticks Instagram page.
SPACE OUT YOUR POSTS
• Space out your posts and don’t flood users feeds (especially when starting off). Two to three posts a day is usually plenty for most businesses.
UNDERSTANDING YOUR SMART PHONE
• Understand the limit of your smart phone as a camera. Try a more advanced camera app to shoot and edit photos on your phone, then upload these higher-quality photos through Instagram to reach your followers.
With Instagram’s recent acquisition by Facebook (which is approaching nearly one billion users), as well as its availability on a variety of smartphones and the web, Instagram is only destined to grow. Check out Instagram or download the app onto your phone to join this growing community and show off your business in a unique and fun way.